Friday, December 28, 2007

12 dozen cookies...5 Christmasy things...a Retreat Day, Some Snow Fun...

And a partridge in a pear tree....(Ok that one is a lie...there was no partridge. Here we go with catching up with my life for the past 6 weeks!)

This entry begins with one of my family traditions COOKIE BAKING. I hate cookie baking. Well, that isn't totally true either. I don't like group kitchen projects. For me the kitchen is a sacred space and I really enjoy cooking/baking alone. Maybe that's strange...but I've never claimed to be boring!

This year...I put my foot down! Mom calls, "Hey Kate...when do you want to bake cookies this year?" UGH..."Hey, Mom...I'm so busy and I just don't have much time and I really don't like baking cookies...can you just do it without me?" Mom: "Well, sure Kate...if you really don't want to." Kate: "Yes, mom...I really don't wanna." (Fast forward a few days later). Mom calls again, "Hey Kate...Grandma wants to bake cookies with us and she really would love it if you joined us." (She pulled the Grandma card...I do ANYTHING for my Grandma). Kate: "OK...we can bake cookies, but you have to come over to my house to bake." Mom: "Great! We're looking forward to it!" So much for putting my foot down; but it's for Grandma! :-)

So Mom, Grama, and Ellie (my littlest sister) came over and we had cookie baking extravaganza 2007. Molly had to work otherwise she would have come for the tons of cookie fun. I gave all of the ladies an apron and we were off! To the left we have Jill (my mama) sporting Beth's apron and me to the right with my special "One Fun Nun" apron. We both got KitchenAid mixers for gifts recently...and love them; new favorite kitchen toys!





Here's the baby pretending to work...just kidding Smelly; you did a very good job sugaring your peanut butter blossoms. Here's a view of the crew and some of the goodies. And finally a loverly picture of my mama and my grama. Awwwww....




Ok...ok...so it wasn't that bad! We had a wonderful time together, laughed a lot, and made wonderfully yummy cookies! Until next year...when the fun will happen again....

So there's #1 in my list of December fun....I'm going to post in separate entries so they don't get too long. Peace out...yo!

No comments: