Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Great Day for the WORLD

Just a quick update...I hope to fill ya'll in on my weekend with GIVING VOICE, etc this coming weekend.

I'm not a big emoter (don't understand crying at commercials etc). Today, though...knowing the good and the change that I'm anticipating with our new President, I was just very hopeful.

All of our students gathered to watch the swearing in and President Obama's speech...it was electrifying in the "send goose bumps through you" "I'm so elated I don't know what to do" way. My students were engaged and many were excited. We clapped, we cheered...it was just a wonderful day.

I believe it is a wonderful day for our country, our people, and the world community. My prayers and blessing go out to our new President and his family as they begin a long and difficult journey . I am grateful that he has generated so much energy, excitement, and hopefulness.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sister Katy - greetings from sunny and warm Tampa, Florida - was great playing football with all of you at the Franciscan Center ! You all had too many all-star players- LOL
Blessings,
-Santiago

Rebekah said...

I was at the School of Education at my university when Obama was walking down the street after his inauguration, and there were so many people gathered around the screen with tears in their eyes (including a few outspoken conservatives).
It is so exciting to have such a big change and it is great to see the effect it has on the students as well as the teachers.
(-: