Sunday, February 25, 2007

Le First Post

WOO HOO! Let the blogging begin...bring it on! I am uber excited to be a brand-new blogger on the "Nun Blog" circuit!

Yes...I'm a nun (well...actually I'm a Sister, but more about that later), yes...I'm fun... and YES this blog is an opportunity to share things like: why on earth I would want to join religious life and our lifestyle--the day-to-day as well as the wildly exciting. Mostly, it is an opportunity to share my journey past and present with people.

So...welcome aboard...I suppose I should begin by giving a little introduction to answer "Who is this Sister Katy anyway?"

Yup that's me. I really tried hard to show some enthusiasm for this photo op. It was rough...I was on the beach, in Florida, in January at a conference with other young religious. We all have to make sacrifices! :) Actually...I love this picture (the uncropped version has my friend Sr. Leslie in it. We were dancing like crazy people on the beach waiting for the sun to set...it was glorious!). I think people would agree that it gives a good "visual nut-shell" into my personality!

So you know so far that I'm enthusiastic, a little bit crazy, and a little bit "rock and roll" (that's for you SMAM). That's accurate, but I should probably give a glimpse of my more "serious, practical side" too.

Le Basics--411 on Sr. Katy
  • I am 26 years old (at least for 3 more weeks)
  • I entered the School Sisters of St. Francis as an Affiliate (see Nunspeak) in 2004. I was received and became "Sister Katy" on May 15, 2005.
  • I am the youngest member of the School Sisters in the United States!
  • I just started the preparation towards making my 1st vows (see Nunspeak)! Yahooooo! I'm on the road to vowage!
  • I am currently involved in 2 different ministries (aka Jobs): 7th grade religion teacher and a high school Director of Instruction.
  • I am a graduate student (graduating in May...yipeee!) at Alverno College. I am studying: Administrative Leadership (principal) and Director of Instruction (curriculum guru)
  • For fun...I am learning how to do a highly secret operation which I may not post until after March 6th...
  • I have two younger siblings: Molly (24) and Ellie (19) and the best family ever.


Lest you think that I spend all of my religious life gallivanting on beaches...Here's one more picture for your viewing pleasure. See the "post ceremonial glow"? That's me on my reception day (or as my 4th graders said, "That's when my teacher turned into a nun") on May 15th, 2005. What a day...another post for another day!


Okie dokie...I think that's a good beginning...for now. Until the next adventure...may the force be with you!


Peace and all Good!

2 comments:

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Welcome to the blogosphere - from another blogging nun.

Katy said...

Thanks Susan Rose! It's great to be a part of "nun blogging" We have to stick together!