Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Signs of Summer...Gardening and a Brewer Game!





This past weekend we had gorgeous weather (FINALLY). On Saturday, Sr. Phyllis asked me if I'd go to Stein's with her (I think she needed my 'big' muscles to carry the top-soil :-) ) So we went to Stein's--it was NUTS with all of the people buying things to grow!





You have to understand something...I do not grow things. I enjoy things that grow (plants, veggies, animals, flowers, children, me on a good day ha ha) but I'm not a good grower of said items. So much to Sr. Phyllis' surprise when I said, "Hey, I'll help you plant this stuff!" So she gave me some instructions and I was in charge of the herb garden...GREAT! Deb and Phyllis were on flower patrol and brick laying duty.


I decided I like planting/gardening...well this part of it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like weeding or getting up early in the morning to water, but I enjoyed this piece. I had my Zune Tunes playing and found it great to be in the sun.





I enjoyed mixing up the soil with the pitch fork and I loved getting my hands in that dirt (I was a mess..dirt everywhere...like a kid!). I found it all quite meditative and enjoyable. And I was so pleased with the instant gratification to see the finished product--I think I'd be less enchanted with planting seeds (Um...hello...that would require waiting and patience).






Last night, the White House Sisters and I went to the Brewer vs D'Backs game at Miller Park Stadium. We had a blast! Here are my White House Girls: L-R (back row) Srs. Judeen, Mary, Marlene, Joyce, and Kathleen and (Front row) Sr. Liz! Yahoooooooo!







We had pretty good seat too; just beyond the 1st base foul line, as you can observe. I thought we had such a good time together!






It was quite an exciting game and a nail biter at the end. D'backs were up 3-1 and two crazy errors helped us score two runs. The bottom of the 8th Prince Fielder (As Sr. Mary said, "He's a prince of a fielder" *groan groan groan*) hit a home run (WOOO HOOOO) and we were up 4-3. Top of the 9th...D'Backs HAVE NO OUTS and load the bases....EEEEK. We held them for the win...phew! We were very excited...Go Brewers Go Brewers GO!

Of course a baseball game isn't a baseball game with out your 7th inning stretch. I think every stadium does "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", but here in Mil-town...we also add the age old, timeless, load of fun and laughter "Roll out the Barrel POLKA" Here's exclusive footage of the White House does 7th inning stretch (You can only see it here folks!) Enjoy both videos...



I don't think I've ever blogged a "Top 10" list before...there's a first time for everything. Although blogging "Top 10" would be less than creative so how about Sr. Katy's top 7 (random numbers are my friend).
Top 7 Reasons why Brewer Games are Awesome:

7. Between inning music for dancing!

6. Bob Uecker--50 years as Mr. Baseball and for those of us who are real dorks remember him on Mr. Belvidere (I can't believe I admit that)

5. BRATS, MILLER, and deep fried CHEESE CURDS...woo hoo

4. Majority of the players are younger than me!

3. Miller Park has it's own organist and pipe organ (all of those organy sounds are real folks!)

2. SAUSAGE RACE! Helllllll-oooooooo (That almost made #1) only in Milwaukee!

and the #1 Reason why Brewer Games are Awesome.....

#1......Spending time with my Sisters---laughing, cheering, checking stress at the gate, and having a marvelous time! Aw...it's all true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy! That must have awesome...thanks for sharing! I'll send you a pic of Zeidy and her bean project...

Andrew Haines said...

Hi Sister,

I was just curious about how you came to understand your vocation. More and more, young women are flocking to convents that embrace wearing the traditional habit and practicing community life in a more structured and formal manner. It is not common to see a young woman like yourself entering an order that is ostensibly so far from this model. I was just curious what about this particular order and mode of living is attractive to you? I'd be curious to find out.

In Christ,
Andrew

Sandra said...

The Baltimore Orioles play Thank God I'm A Country Boy by John Denver at the 7th stretch. They tried to change it but no way would the crowd let them!!!

Deep fried cheese curds.... yum! Rock on!

Anonymous said...

I just saw you tonight on the channel 4 news - actually I missed it because a friend called so I had to watch it online instead but it was good because then I got the link to your blog. I am Sister Phyllis' niece, Cindi! You came up to my parents house in St Peter a few summers ago and I remember wondering what made you choose this lifestyle. I think there was a glimpse of Phyllis in your news clip even. Tell her "hi" for me! I will check back to your blog for updates on your "crazy" life :-)